Our Vision . . . is that Students leave High School:
- prepared for life in the 21st Century
- optimistic about their future and confident they will have the resources to achieve their dreams
- with higher levels of math, science and technical skills, and understanding of the real-life application of those skills
- with opportunities to demonstrate Employment Literacy Standards
- better prepared to fulfill their adult roles by making informed decisions, and - with an education, career and life plan
- equipped with essential skills for success in life's settings: Work, Home, Community and Classroom.
STC³ . . .
- Shows students career choices.
- Trains students for life-long learning, careers and community involvement and motivates them by making learning more relevant.
- Creates community-based partnerships.
- Commits to educating the 21st Century workforce.
- Culminates in a brighter future for us all!
Strategies and Resources:
Broker Workplace Opportunities for youth to explore their options for career/post-secondary education, training, and leadership skills that are aligned with economic development initiatives fo all youth
Maintain Efforts to Engage Educators in staff development that:
- enhances the delivery system of career guidance
- designs motivating curriculum focused on 'Learner Outcomes' (applications of classroom learning in life settings: Work, Home & Community)
Coordinate Events and Community/Business/Education Partnerships
Maintain and Upgrade a Resource Bank of Transition Resources in our community
Access Funding Resources for partners that are available through community-based intermediary organizations
Conduct Research to identify strategies to improve quality transitions for all youth.